Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibrator Recommendations?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrator Recommendations?

As a related issue to my other thread, I've been looking at clitoral vibrators for my wife. I have a few questions so I can make sure that I'm getting the best product.
    Primary of concern to me is her safety. The first vibrators I saw were from Lelo, but upon further research, I found reports that their vibrators (Sona and Sona 2) can cause bleeding, injury, and pain. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. If I'm to believe what I've read, Lelo knows their products have caused injury, but are putting the blame on the user, instead of properly addressing a safety issue. So I won't be purchasing a Lelo product. I want to make sure that whatever I get for her isn't going to hurt her. Apparently, equivalents to the Sona and Sona 2 are the Satisfier Pro 2 and 3, the We-Vibe Melt, and the Womanizer line of products, pro, premium, etc., if I am understanding correctly. If I'm missing some others, feel free to let me know.
    So my first question is, which one of these products is the safest? Which is designed the best to prevent injury? My next question is, which is best in terms of quality and sensation? Which offers the best features for sensation control? Are there any that can be used with a partner? Finally, I'd like some general feedback on how the products feel. Obviously, that's going to be quite subjective. I understand that. But I can get an idea based on the responses I see, especially in cases where folks have tested more than one of these. I've read reviews online, of course, but I'm very cautious about trusting the reviews where folks are paid by affiliation, because financial compensation of that sort promotes bias. Likewise, reviews that just say that the product "didn't work" for a person, but don't provide any further reason or information, aren't really helpful either. I'm posting here in the hopes that I'll get honest feedback from everyday women, or couples, who have used these products. To me, the everyday woman or couple is exactly the best feedback someone looking to make a purchase like this can havfe. No bias born of affiliation with a company, no financial considerations. Just honesty.
    I'd also like some feedback with respect to other clitoral vibrators that aren't using this sort of air pressure or wave technology. What's good quality? What tends to work the best? And overall, which seems to feel best, regular vibrators, or these products using the air technology? Again, I understand that's subjective to a degree, but responses will give me at least a general feel. Also, are regular vibrators less safe long-term than these newer air technology products? I think I read somewhere some years ago that vibrators could cause nerve or sensory issues or something. Are these air technology products more safe in terms of this? Thanks for any assistance.

• I am shocked to hear that the LeLo Sona is causing injuries. I've used both Sona models and the Sila and have never had any sort of problem. I suspect that if people are experiencing injuries, that they aren't using proper lube (a common occurrence that is more dangerous than people realize) or could be otherwise misusing the device.

Many of the models you mention were tested by our team during the Sex Toy Challenge last year. To find out what we thought of the models you're considering, check out our reviews: https://www.womens-health.com/sex-toy-challenge

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• should I divorce

Due to a sexless marriage, I have found myself losing interest in my partner, we have both put on weight her 50 and me 15 and now do not desire her. I...

02-07-2024, 08:59 AM By CJ99
    • Sexless in Seatle

All was great during the dating period, sex once a day or more then marriage, work stress and a move and that killed the sex drive. Not in the morning...

02-06-2024, 09:33 PM By CJ99
    • Wife won't let husband finish inside her

Hi, first time posting.
      I've been married to my wife for 24yrs now. She has never required me to wear a condom to have sex with her. After our 2nd...

02-02-2024, 10:18 PM By Kimroger
    • Decreased pleasure in sex for no apparent good reason, please help

Hello, my boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months, I am 26 years old and he is 36, he recently found out that he has a problem with his libido....

02-01-2024, 07:10 AM By Kristyn12
    • I can finish on top anymore, too pressured

My partner and I have had the best sex life for the past couple years, and recently he said to me that I haven’t finished while being on top in a while,...

01-28-2024, 01:33 PM By unknown1300
    Working...
    X