Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 of 3

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 of 3

So, I had a meeting this evening, and I have another meeting tomorrow & Friday evening, with different guys.

Tonight's events unraveled favorably, surprisingly enough: met for a drink, and progressed to dinner. I paid for drinks, he paid for dinner. (See my other post) I ordered probably one of the least expensive items available, if you're interested

Conversation was seamless, I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor, which he picked up on & commented re: his appreciation early. He dished it out as well. He's an entrepreneur, which I respect immensely and admire.

Best "date" I've had in a year probably. We will likely see each other again this weekend.

During the course of conversation, it was revealed that he's friends with an old friend of mine that may or may not have good things to say about me. Now, obviously I hope this man is sensible enough to form his own opinions & base his decisions on his own experience, but I wonder...

And I really didn't hope for anything with this post, just sharing Been a busy day on WH forums, so I wanted to sneak this in!

• Excited! Also excited you're playing the field hon (don't mean in a ****ty way lol, just that you're trying out different people instead of putting all your eggs in one basket). I actually love these kinds of dramas so steady dish girlfriend.

I think the friend of a friend will actually make for a good test, and I'm sure you'll pick up on anything if it's there. Either way is an "okay" moment - either he passes and he proves himself his own man or he fails and loses out on some good kitty lovin'! Won't change you either way.

(Entrepreneur? You go swing for the fences baby, I approve!)
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• I like the fact that you call them "meetings"

And I'm smiling. Your "old friend" may be a nice guy and has said nothing, or he has said something don't let it play on your mind. You be you and he will see that.. Men know "old flames" like to rev things up, or down

Good luck!!
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not terribly concerned about it. The old friend was almost like a brother to me at one time, so his comments could go either way, or no way. Small towns!!
        I don't know what got into me to line up the men this way. Cabin fever maybe, with all the cold and snow...Lol

Comment

• Or just exercising your girl power.
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• So, I'm thinking #2 must have gone pretty well .....

Comment

• Nope...boring...
              Getting set for #3 now...
              I'll keep ya posted

Comment

• Guy #3 is OK...probably worth a second date.
                Guy #1, I think I caught in a lie already. I confronted him and his explanation was rather lame-could be legit, but my gut is telling me to proceed cautiously.

Comment

• Can you share the lie, even in generic terms? It's always good to get another take, tho yeah trust your instincts of course.

Anyway 1.75 out of 3 isn't bad.

Comment

• Yeah, I can share. When we got to the bar, he asked me if I'd been there before, I said just once...he said he'd never been.
                    While we were chatting with the bartender, they got on the subject of cars and the bartender recognized the car he was describing as his, as he'd been outside the bar admiring it last week... OK...I thought hhmmm...but at that point, I'd not seen it so I didn't think too much of it.

So, when I finally saw this car and realized the bartender couldn't have been mistaking it for another, I said, the bartender saw this car here last week, I thought you'd never been to this pub before...and instead of saying he'd been across the street or wherever, he said, oh he must have it confused with someone else. There's no other car like that...it has custom designed effects and colors...it's a flashy, decked out set of wheels.
                    He easily could've said, well I was parked here and went to (any number of places) as it's a busy street with many stores, restaurants and bars...idk, my gut just told me he was hiding smth...and such a silly thing to be weird about.
                    Why would I care if he'd spent every night in that bar? Lol. My guard just went up. I said something like, that doesn't make much sense, but ok. And left it at that.

I thought of it at the time, but afterward, it's still in my mind and it makes me uneasy, but, he could've been nervous or not remember being in that area last week...idk. Its a busy area and he couldve been any number of places. So, it's not a deal breaker, but its just smth to keep in the back of my mind. It was as much his look when I even brought it up that's as unsettling as anything...kind of surprised, kind of like what?
                    So...guard up, but I'm typically open minded, forgiving and not jumping to a conclusion...what do you think?

Comment

• With you 100% hon. My first thought is is there some reason to not want to be known to be at that bar? Second thought is why are we lying today, about anything? But then again I'm probably just feeling protective of you lol - I think you're on the right track, don't forget about it but don't let it ruin things atm. I suppose if we rained doom and gloom on every little quirky thing we'd never get anywhere.

Comment

• Yeah, that's kind of how I think about it. We'll see... These things always seem to come to light but I'm trying not to start looking for a misstep, because we also, usually find what we look for...

Comment

• Hey, do you ever do 'background checks?'

Comment

• No, I've never gone that far. I rely more on my instinct and if there was a time that I really liked someone and had some sort of apprehension that I just couldn't figure out, I don't know that I'd even consider it really. I don't rule that out, but I wouldn't even know how to go about it.

This guy owns 2 businesses in a nearby larger city, and I'm sure I could get info on him if need be. I'm seeing him tonight, so we'll see what new info this date might reveal. I'm not excited at all, which isn't a good sign. Our phone calls are a little too shallow...his answer for what qualities he is most interested in finding in a partner...pretty childish answer for a 48 yr old man looking for a long term relationship.

Comment

• I guess, in short, he seems to have difficulty talking seriously about anything...it's always turned into a joke.
                              I'm all for laughs but I'd like to know he can be serious about smth besides his line of work.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X