Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relationship Transition

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi P&C,

She's know for a long time that I'd never marry her...for a few reasons. About the only string holding us together is incredible sex. I've told her many years ago that if were to find a marriage material man to delete my number from her cell phone. I'll get the hint. But the problem for middle-aged women is men don't have to commit to anything to get sex.

I hope she finds a man who'll marry her. Reality is it won't happen. Optimism is a desirable female trait.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaveRider View Post
      Hi P&C,
      . But the problem for middle-aged women is men don't have to commit to anything to get sex.
      and for all you single women (any age) wanting to get married..........here's the reason NOT to give it up before you get married
      I know firsthand the man willing to wait for you/ respect your wishes is the keeper, 100 times over

Comment

• moved to previous post

Comment

• Housing is heading for the stratosphere in California again as the economy has became more firmly on track. The play between affordability of housing and jobs is the reason that people relocate from California. As far as taxes, many Californians love them. Years ago the voters voted to increase the fuel taxes. After that, they voted for politicians who would raise taxes. After people retire they may relocate to lessen their income taxes. Nevada has no state income taxes.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Not all middle aged women are looking for someone to marry. I'm not opposed to marriage but it is not the goal.

Comment

• Sounds like it's time to move on without her as other than sex, there's no shared similarities so nothing keeping you together.
              If you haven't seen her for a while and don't miss her, what's the point.

Comment

• Good Morning, JNS,

Especially CA is expanding our current housing bubble to maximum inflation prior to bursting. A few percentage points rise in interest rates, and prices will tumble.

James RIckards in "Death of Money" predicted our second housing crash.

There are many articles on Zero Hedge about our next housing bubble.

People want free stuff. The serious flaw of their demands is that there is no such thing as free stuff. Someone must work, produce, earn, and have what he's earned taken away to give to one who hasn't worked or doesn't want to work. When we printed 5+, maybe as much as 7 trillion of funny money, also known as fiat money, we should have predicted the harmful consequences of profligate spending of money we didn't have.

Interest rates will rise and housing prices will tumble. People will walk away from their mortgages (strategic foreclosures) thus adding to our shadow inventory of previously foreclosed homes.

Watch Niall Ferguson's "Empires on Edge of Chaos". He was talking about he USA and what reckless and indiscriminate money creation out of thin air will do to us, which is financial collapse.

Put a community organizer in charge of the richest country in the world, and he'll destroy it every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maisie Dayz View Post
                  Sounds like it's time to move on without her as other than sex, there's no shared similarities so nothing keeping you together.
                  If you haven't seen her for a while and don't miss her, what's the point.
                  I have moved on. But were she to call me, I'd probably do her again. She's the best sex I've ever had. But I ani't chasing it.

Comment

• WaveRider, your situation is that she is very good at sex but comes with considerable baggage. It is the baggage that is affecting your view of the relationship. What are you going to do?

Even though the divorce system is tough, many guys marry again, hoping for a better outcome if they end up getting divorced again.
                    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Good Morning, JNS,

We all have baggage. How we carry it is definitive of our character.

I can't think of a single divorced dude I know who'll ever marry again. No dude wants to again subject himself to the caustic injustice in the form of abusive power of CA family law.

For men, marriage ain't necessary in CA. Check out just one dating Website. You can find 10K women in one's age group within a fifty mile radius.

I've know many dudes who've use the most known dating Website as hookup heaven. They're banging a couple different women a week. Just about every dude I know who dates online has the 3 date rule: if they don't get it by the third date, they're on to the next one. Many dudes I know get it on the first night. However probability is they're gonna get more than laid.

Sex is the easy part. Quality is the hard part.

Women believe BS because they want to believe BS is true. It ain't. I've known dudes with almost completely fraudulent profiles who've had many dates.

Comment

• I know a guy here in CA who has been married maybe 5 times and divorced the same number. I'm sure he'll go at it again if the right woman comes along. One of my coworkers had a hard divorce many years ago. His second wife seems to be a keeper. In fact, that is a theme I can say is true about quite a number of coworkers with second marriages over a decade long and continuing. The first marriage was more about blind love, the second marriage was more about compatibility and was strategic.

Comment

• agree with jns, people will marry again

waverider.....you must have had a very bad divorce and possibly assume the worst about marriage, women, love?

Comment

• I was shocked when I learned friends of ours got divorced (since no other of our friends and no family members on either side have divorced)

the man already got remarried, the women he married is neither younger nor prettier than first wife

they were at our baby shower and then my husband runs into him with a new wife! I still can't believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                              I was shocked when I learned friends of ours got divorced (since no other of our friends and no family members on either side have divorced)

the man already got remarried, the women he married is neither younger nor prettier than first wife

they were at our baby shower and we lost touch when they moved and then my husband runs into him with a new wife! I still can't believe it.
                              Younger and prettier are not necessary for a compatible relationship. Nor are slimmer, bigger breasts, better skin, etc. What is necessary is a compatible personality. That doesn't necessarily mean a personality that everyone agrees is stellar.

Comment

• Jns,
                                that is what I asked husband, if the second wife was younger or prettier because so many man that do remarry, go for a younger, often better looking (because younger) wife

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
                                • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
                                • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
                                • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
                                • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
                                Working...
                                X