Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about Brazilian Wax

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about Brazilian Wax

Ladies, I need your input on this. Haven't tried one, and I'm thinking of...maybe?! A co-worker of mine was suggesting it this morning. Since I don't have any experience on it, I thought about asking you all.

Is it painful?

What's advisable: have it 1 day or 2 days prior to "the special day"?

Spammers are not welcome.

• Originally posted by caterpillar79 View Post
    Ladies, I need your input on this. Haven't tried one, and I'm thinking of...maybe?! A co-worker of mine was suggesting it this morning. Since I don't have any experience on it, I thought about asking you all.

Is it painful?

What's advisable: have it 1 day or 2 days prior to "the special day"?

Spammers are not welcome.
    Hi Cat

I have close female friend who I dearly love. She's not too into female grooming and hasn't really kept the garden tidy. I've been giving her advice on what guys like in the underwear dept etc. anyway:

I convinced her to tidy it up with a razour and a trimmer. THe results were not good, ingrowing hairs etc. Other girls I've been out with haven't had this problem. I presume it is a skin thing. Getting to the point

I bought her a waxing (yes I know this is a strange realationship) for her birthday. She said it hurt and was red for 24hours. I found her a home salon with a really friendly lady now she has gone again after four weeks and she's really into it and I don't think she's going back to hairy. She now has a new bloke she has gone away with. I am waiting for my thank you letter from him and her lol

Personally I would go the first time to see how your body reacts then four weeks later and then you will know first hand how long the redness recovers

one or two days I don't think in matter to much

Next steps getting her to wear a little bit of makeup

Hope it works out

Comment

• Hi, Futureboy! Of all the first respondents - LOL. Seriously, I appreciate your input.

I am not comfy leaving my garden unkempt. I trim and shave when it's due. Wax, I tried once - strips - and it disappointed me (I guess I just really don't know how to do it, so I quit).

I am considering going brazilian out of curiosity, but afraid that I might be so sore to enjoy and say, it's worth it.

So you said there will be redness...hmmmm...for how long?

Now, now...knowing about this, I think doing it 2 days or even 3 days prior to "the main event" is better.

Keep all your insights coming, folks!

Comment

Hi, Futureboy! Of all the first respondents - LOL. Seriously, I appreciate your input.
        Strange but I have my uses

Originally posted by caterpillar79 View Post
        I am not comfy leaving my garden unkempt. I trim and shave when it's due. Wax, I tried once - strips - and it disappointed me (I guess I just really don't know how to do it, so I quit).
        Pleased to hear you are a tidy gardener. Professional wax is not wax strips it tends to stick to the hair more than the skin. Plus there are hard to reach areas doing your own and it never looks even when you do it yourself. If you have a successful beauty ragime, its more curiousity than anything else.

Originally posted by caterpillar79 View Post
        I am considering going brazilian out of curiosity, but afraid that I might be so sore to enjoy and say, it's worth it.

So you said there will be redness...hmmmm...for how long?

Now, now...knowing about this, I think doing it 2 days or even 3 days prior to "the main event" is better.

Keep all your insights coming, folks!
        Redness 24 hours, funnily enough Carley, my friend, wasn't to forth coming with inspection 2 days should be fine unless you have really sensitive skin. It grows back pretty slowly so it will look fine after a week. Lots of effort, New man?

Carley has gone absolutly gah-gah for it and tells me it's addictive. I find this hard to believe. She has texted me from her holiday with her new man. I think she is happy with her new style and her new man.

enjoy

Comment

• Cat, remember that funny post I had about waxing? I don't think I'd do this as a pre wedding activity. Too iffy

Comment

• Originally posted by WildChild View Post
            Cat, remember that funny post I had about waxing? I don't think I'd do this as a pre wedding activity. Too iffy
            I know! I remember that story quite well, hence, I am a little conservative about the idea. Maybe, the naughty part of me wants to try something new and see if it'd be good to have.

But I am really afraid to be in pain during our special night because of this - I don't want to spoil it!

Originally posted by Futureboy View Post

Redness 24 hours, ... 2 days should be fine unless you have really sensitive skin. It grows back pretty slowly so it will look fine after a week. Lots of effort, New man?
            I have a fairly sensitive skin that's why I want some testimonies from you all before I take the plunge.

Not a new man...he's THE MAN!

Comment

• Where did that thead go anyway?

Here it is!

https://www.womens-health.com/boards...eal-funny.html

Comment

• WC, are you really serious in scaring me about waxing?!

Comment

• NO just wanted a good laugh. But really I wouldn't too experimental right before your wedding.

Comment

• Your voice is in my priority list!

Comment

Not a new man...he's THE MAN!
                      Why wax then? Just jump in a tub together and throw him the razor.

Comment

• Here you go...(no, not handing you the razor, silly)!

I should say, here you go again...stalker!

First, I want to try something new for both of us. Something that could add to my already soft skin. (TMI)

Do you have an experience going brazilian, Tex? What say you?

Comment

• No, sorry, no experience with that.

Comment

• Cat, a couple of my girlfriends get these and swear by them. I think I'll try it out soon. Seems a lot easier. BUT, my girlfriend did say that it hurt. She takes a couple of advil before she goes and she said it's pretty tender for a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by sourpuss View Post
                              Cat, a couple of my girlfriends get these and swear by them. I think I'll try it out soon. Seems a lot easier. BUT, my girlfriend did say that it hurt. She takes a couple of advil before she goes and she said it's pretty tender for a day.
                              Okay, so my 2-day rule is good then, at least I got time to heal prior to the main event !

Thanks so much, Sourpuss...advil, here I come!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
                              • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
                              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
                              • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
                              • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                              Working...
                              X