Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Wax or Shave? That is the question...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Wax or Shave? That is the question...

Okay, I've been curious a few times and shaved my pubic hair off. Most women have at LEAST once. But I had disastrous regrowth issues. The inching, the stabbing, the bump ingrown mess UGH! It's not worth it, it's really not. But I'm curious, is the regrowth for waxing any better? Are the tips of the hairs more dull that if you shave them?

• OK first do not shave there...LOL ouch the regrowth is a painful experince....try somthing like bikini nair that works great...ive tried waxing but got alot of in growen hairs....the bikini nair I had the best results with.

Comment

• I still have sore unslightly looking regrowth if I use hair remover, do others have this problem?

Comment

• I have coarse, dark hair down there, and so I can never seem to get a close enough shave on my bikini line and there's always bumps. I went and had "sugaring" done down there, and boy was it great! Talk about smooth and no bumps! It's supposed to be way better than waxing (I haven't been waxed) It is painful, but so worth the results-my husband loved it!
        And the re-growth was thinner, and more sparse than before. If you continue to wax or sugar on an on-going basis, it's supposed to decrease your hair growth by 50%

Comment

• The first time I shaved the regrowth was uncomfortable. The second time was better. Pubic area is prone to ingrown hairs with some people though so be careful with that. I've never waxed before but heard it hurts like hell. Using a chemical remover for me doesn't work because my skin is sensitive. I can't us Nair on my legs so I wouldn't dare use it for my private area.

Comment

• I had some issues with ingrown hairs and growback when I first started shaving there, however with a good razor and a good lotion I have no more issues! I don't shave against the grain like you would with your legs that's begging for irritation! I prefer to shave about 90 degrees off of the growth direction. It gets almost as close as going against the grain without all the bumps and cuts. I am contemplating waxing, but I'm a sissy, so I'm working up to it.

Comment

• I wax my legs and I love it, so I tried a tiny bit down there - oooouchhhhh, it hurt like a -
              I want to try and do it all though.

Comment

• 2 wax

i say 2 wax & nair does work a wondersz bt 2 shave i dont think so..y0oh get quicker hair growth and those unwanted bumps show up..the itching isz not the business and ofcourse the darkening of the skin mite occur no woman wants this especially when most of our under wears and bathing suits show off this sexcii part of the body..i wax i mean it at first irritated my skin but now i get wonderous results without the redding of the skin

Comment

• know how you feel i shaved mine once boy never again.lol i've never waxed mine i just let it be just do some trimming i've used shaving cream on my legs and armpits thats about it.

Comment

• NADS?

Has anyone used a product like Nad's for those very sensitive areas? Can that stuff even be used down there? I assume it can because I saw this funny ad a little while ago for stuff called "naughty nads" ...i guess it was basically a stencil kit for waxing....it was pretty funny, there was a lightning bolt and heart and others....does this stuff work with out all the annoying irritation?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X