Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Period

I am 15 and got my first period yesterday. I use a mixture or tampons and pads. Today when i pulled out my tampon(Excuse graphics) a big blob of thick blood fell out. Am i OK? what is this?

• You're fine honey. It was a blood clot, they are pretty common.

Comment

• ok phew lol

Comment

• one more question sorry. it seems as if all i get are thick blood blobs not really an even/thinner blod flow. is that normal too? maybe because i just got my period?

Comment

• Yes it's normal when I first got my period I clotted a lot
          [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

Comment

• Yeah - basically it's the first time that your body is cleaning itself out. So it may be darker, thicker and clottier than what it normally may be. Don't be surprised if it is like this for the first couple of months.

Comment

• Before I went on the pill I saw that fairly frequently. It seems a bit odd, but it's normal. Getting your period isn't just a matter of absorbing coloured fluid like they show on the commercials!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katsaly View Post
                Getting your period isn't just a matter of absorbing coloured fluid like they show on the commercials!
                Isn't that the truth!!!

Comment

• im thinking of the pill, my sister is on it but im not sure yet. heard all these stories of side effects etc. ahhhh lol

Comment

• You just started your period. Give it some time before you go on the pill!

Comment

• no i didnt mean now lol. like in a couple months.

Comment

• also have another question..

i have my period but i have like no cramps. every like 12 hours ill get something little(can bearly feel it) and thats it. do some women get this too? all my freinds get cramps

Comment

• and i was reading online that for your first cycle you should use a mixture of pads and tampons but i HATE pads!! is it ok if i just use tampons. i have for the last day lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephy View Post
                            also have another question..

i have my period but i have like no cramps. every like 12 hours ill get something little(can bearly feel it) and thats it. do some women get this too? all my freinds get cramps
                            You may be lucky and not get cramps or not bad ones at least. You'll know better after a few months.

Originally posted by Stephy View Post
                            and i was reading online that for your first cycle you should use a mixture of pads and tampons but i HATE pads!! is it ok if i just use tampons. i have for the last day lol
                            Use whatever feels comfortable to you. Just be sure to educate yourself regarding TSS. Use the lowest absorbancy tampon that is comfortable to you. Don't use the supers thinking you won't have to change them as much. I change mine every 4-6 hours depending on flow. I use tampons 99% of the time, but I don't use them at night.

Comment

• well is it bad to use a super and change it every 4 hours and have it like almost full?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

Yesterday, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
                              • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
                              • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
                                could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
                              • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
                              • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
                              Working...
                              X