Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you encourage a man to buy his wife a vibrator?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you encourage a man to buy his wife a vibrator?

Have questions about buying a vibrator for your wife?

We have more answers!

Read our article, “Should I Buy My Wife A Vibrator?” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/buy-wife-vibrator

Would you encourage a man to buy his wife a vibrator?
    I ask because of mixed feelings about this. My wife and I are both 40, enjoy sex but it only happens about once or twice every 6 weeks or so. Sex often involves a bit of masturbation mainly by my wife and she on occasion sends me rauchy text messages telling me 1 way or another that she is having fun on her own, which in itself makes me feel both aroused and also bothered that she is "taking things into her own hands".
    The thought of my wife with a vibrator is amazing but I would worry that I would end up taking a back seat and end up having sex less often. Do you think a dildo or vibrator would improve or worsen our sexual relationship?
    Last edited by Alison H.; 03-25-2021, 05:25 PM.

• I wouldn't. I did this and a mediocre sex life became even worse. She uses the vibrator to orgasm quickly and spends even less time with me. I think sex toys are a great addition to a good sex life, but may make a bad one even worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcoreyus View Post
      I wouldn't. I did this and a mediocre sex life became even worse. She uses the vibrator to orgasm quickly and spends even less time with me. I think sex toys are a great addition to a good sex life, but may make a bad one even worse.
      I completely agree with RC.

If you had a great sex life and wanted to experiment with some toys, that is one thing. However, if you already hate the thought of her taking things into her own hands and your sex life already leaves little to be desired, I wouldn't do it. I can't imagine that it would help the situation at all.

Comment

• Your wife text messages you whilst masterbating knowing your reaction which turns her on and helps her complete the ending and she masterbates as well when you do have sex.

Chances are she has her own vibrator already in my opinion.

Why not ask her to text you "tomorrow at lunch time" don't answer why, and arrange to be at the front door, when she does and take her, Or, put her hand on her arm and lift it up, slowly pushing her against the wall, kiss her, when you get home, maybe she enjoys a little excitement and maybe that's all that is missing in order to have more sex with her.
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
          I completely agree with RC.

If you had a great sex life and wanted to experiment with some toys, that is one thing. However, if you already hate the thought of her taking things into her own hands and your sex life already leaves little to be desired, I wouldn't do it. I can't imagine that it would help the situation at all.
          --------------------

Fair enough, I read an article once where this women was saying she had lost interest in sex, then she remembered how much she enjoyed masturbating before she met her boyfriend. She bought herself a toy which rekindled her interest and her and her partner then found sex was great again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tod121 View Post
            --------------------

Fair enough, I read an article once where this women was saying she had lost interest in sex, then she remembered how much she enjoyed masturbating before she met her boyfriend. She bought herself a toy which rekindled her interest and her and her partner then found sex was great again.
            I think I could understand where that point could come from, however I think we both know that for every story like the one you mentioned, you'd be able to find stories similar to the positions of some of the posters already. It's a matter of finding what you want to believe to support your view.

Personally, I'd try a different route. I'd find a way to get her to try and think about those feelings she had had before when both of you were working on not only enjoying your own feelings of how sex and intimacy feel but also the pleasure you've gotten when you know that it is your partner who is making those feelings pleasurable. That's one of the biggest parts of intimacy, not sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tod121 View Post
              --------------------

I do agree with this, heck, I probably could have written the article myself, as I have a similar story posted on this site. HOWEVER... I bought myself the vibrator because I knew there was a problem with my sex drive and I wanted to correct without any pushing or expectations from my husband. If my husband would have bought me the vibrator, one of two things would have happened. I would have shoved it down his throat or I would have secretly used it and pleasured myself with no need from him.

Like I said, I knew there was a problem with my sex drive, we had many many heated arguments about my lack of a sex drive. However, it is something I had to come to terms with myself. She has to want to be able to fix it. You can't fix it for her. If he walked in with a vibrator one evening and said here, I hope this helps you with your sex drive, at the time I would have been hurt and very ****ed off. It wouldn't have gone over well. If he walked in with a new toy now, I'd grab him by the hand and race him upstairs to see who could get naked first.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
                I do agree with this, heck, I probably could have written the article myself, as I have a similar story posted on this site. HOWEVER... I bought myself the vibrator because I knew there was a problem with my sex drive and I wanted to correct without any pushing or expectations from my husband. If my husband would have bought me the vibrator, one of two things would have happened. I would have shoved it down his throat or I would have secretly used it and pleasured myself with no need from him.

Like I said, I knew there was a problem with my sex drive, we had many many heated arguments about my lack of a sex drive. However, it is something I had to come to terms with myself. She has to want to be able to fix it. You can't fix it for her. If he walked in with a vibrator one evening and said here, I hope this helps you with your sex drive, at the time I would have been hurt and very ****ed off. It wouldn't have gone over well. If he walked in with a new toy now, I'd grab him by the hand and race him upstairs to see who could get naked first.
                LB, one big difference is that you, yourself recognized the importance of a good, healthy sex life to a relationship. I'm afraid that many times, self recognizition of a problem doesn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by pretzel View Post
                  LB, one big difference is that you, yourself recognized the importance of a good, healthy sex life to a relationship. I'm afraid that many times, self recognizition of a problem doesn't happen.
                  That's exactly right. I eventually realized that this was my problem and nobody could help me but myself. I realize how hypocritical my two posts seem against each other. I can't really explain it but it all depends on the person and the personal circumstances. I don't think it is a good idea for a husband who already feels their sex life sucks to offer up a vibrator to his wife. If the woman, trying to figure out where her interest in sex went and wants to go on a trip self exploration to try to improve things buys a vibrator for herself, with the intention of making their sex life better, than sure. That was my intention and I bought it myself. The article he read, makes it sound like this was also the intention of the woman in the article. She bought it for herself with the idea of "finding" herself again to make things better for the both of them.

Some woman, as well as men, are selfish. Buying a vibrator isn't going to fix selfishness.

Comment

• I think WC is probably correct- she may well have one and possible using more that you think.
                    Ask her to involve you more in her sessions. As a spectator/ cheerleader. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by oxy-moron View Post
                      I think WC is probably correct- she may well have one and possible using more that you think.
                      Ask her to involve you more in her sessions. As a spectator/ cheerleader. Good luck
                      --------------

I dont know if I am just kidding myself but I dont think my wife has any toys, often wondered where she would stash it if she did ;-), I still like the idea of her having a bit of fun, thought to myself if I was her I would probably buy a Rabbit vibrator and go for it whenever I had the chance!

Comment

• Well.... A Rabbit definitely wouldn't be on my list of things to buy, those have got to be the most overrated toys out there. Mine got chucked in the trash after one use, lol.

I don't know... Maybe talk to her about it, I guess, if you really want her to have a toy, but definitely get her opinion.

Comment

• Personally?

It is funny how they call them toys...Toys do provide fun, but penetration is not fun, it's a release, it's a good feeling, magical, more like a "ride" at the showground...

The feeling of someone you love, deep inside of you, penetrating you, making you orgasm, how the heck can you go past that and use plastic fantastic?

I understand, daytime, your working, she's horney but, your setting yourself up where you'll get next to nothing, if she can do it all on her own and enjoy it on her own, fantasize on her own and be satisfied.

In my opinion, I'd be looking at ways to add in adventure, suprises, with you involved, almost like a different man, yet "her man" and work on that, so she only "needs" and "wants" you. And, can't wait until you get home, or wake her up in the morning.

CW
                          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
                            I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Yesterday, 09:02 PM By amy40
                          • Reply to Butt Eating

So my last post in this thread says unapproved and I think it popped up something about it getting flagged as potential spam when I posted it last night....

Yesterday, 07:30 AM By FeelingWeird
                          • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

So I realize that this thread is quite old, but it just got bumped so I saw it and would like to add some things. Daffodils&Cream , if you are still...

Yesterday, 07:12 AM By FeelingWeird
                          • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

Start writing to him fantasy emails. My guy works out of town and I was at a lost for texting/sexing and I was always concerned of who might be around...

04-10-2021, 08:07 PM By Amlc26
                          • Reply to Butt Eating

Thanks for this! I am not huge on sticking things in there LOL, but I love external butt play, both giving and receiving. It feels so amazing, and I am...

04-10-2021, 06:11 PM By FeelingWeird

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
                            I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Yesterday, 09:02 PM By amy40
                          • Butt Eating

So I kinda got roped into a debate elsewhere about whether or not women like eating men's asses. Curious if anyone here has any arguments for or against...

04-06-2021, 07:26 AM By FeelingWeird
                          • How do I know? Menopause.

I thought I was safe to go off birth control after a landmark birthday and no periods for a year. Then suddenly, the elevator scene from The Shining....

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                          • Sex furniture and wedges?

I’m curious to know if anybody is using any support wedges or sex furniture they like? My knees are stiff and painful these days, which is limiting...

04-03-2021, 07:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                          • My Wife & Orgasm

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing some lurking and reading up on some previous posts, but have not found a definitive answer.

Anyway,...

03-19-2021, 01:15 PM By EmpyNester
                          Working...
                          X