Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Been Super Horny But Weren't Sure Why? Let's Talk Female Libido!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMGoodness Yes especially at night, I was chatting with my boyfriend one night & I told him I was & He was like you always are & I'm like I know & I don't know why.

Comment

• Hi guy thanks for the add. My partner has lost her sex drive are there any natural remedies anyone can help with she very dry around her private area sex is no longer what makes a woman get back her sex drive. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Matthew

Comment

• Matt73

Without knowing anything about her situation (age, health, previous attitudes toward sex, etc.), the remedy is a little hard to pinpoint.

Decreased sex drive and vaginal dryness can have a lot of root causes — from hormonal to physical-health-related, to mental, emotional, life situation, or even age-related reasons.

While the simplest solution to vaginal dryness is typically the use of a vaginal moisturizer or lubricant during sex, that doesn’t generally “cure” low libido. It makes sex easier/possible, and sometimes that’s enough to trigger a short boost in a person’s sexual drive for as long as the sex lasts — but not always.

I’ve dealt with low libido on and off (usually due to exhaustion, which is partly health-related, partly work/life related, and due to midlife hormones most likely), and I might not be in the mood until things really get going. In that way, lube can help a lot. But it doesn’t “fix” a person’s sex drive over the long term (that I’ve found). Honestly, I could probably go for months without sex and not even bat an eye or care in the slightest. It’s not at the forefront of my mind the vast majority of the time. I can get in the mood, but I don’t do it on my own out of the blue, if that makes sense.

Have you tried talking to her about it? That might be the first place to start — not in an accusing way like “How come you’re never horny anymore?” but more from a place of concern.

The words you choose are up to you, but I think it’s a meaningful conversation to have.
        Last edited by Alison H.; 07-19-2022, 08:52 AM. Reason: fixing weird formatting...

Comment

• Interesting about "morning hornies". I thought I was the only woman to experience those. I literally have something analogical to morning erections that guys have, I wake up with my genitalia swollen and I tend to have erotic dreams in the morning. I can wake up masturbating too.

About experts, unfortunately some seem to still live in the middle ages. I had one gynecologist tell me I'm crazy, because I said that I have a high libido and because my clitoris hurt after certain hormonal medication. I don't know why she would rather tell the patient she is crazy than admit that hormonal medications have sexual side effects - as said in the thread, she is deep inside the social norms from the middle ages and wrongly generalises her own experiences to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space-Traveller View Post
            Interesting about "morning hornies". I thought I was the only woman to experience those. I literally have something analogical to morning erections that guys have, I wake up with my genitalia swollen and I tend to have erotic dreams in the morning. I can wake up masturbating too.

About experts, unfortunately some seem to still live in the middle ages. I had one gynecologist tell me I'm crazy, because I said that I have a high libido and because my clitoris hurt after certain hormonal medication. I don't know why she would rather tell the patient she is crazy than admit that hormonal medications have sexual side effects - as said in the thread, she is deep inside the social norms from the middle ages and wrongly generalises her own experiences to others.
            As far as I can tell, there seems to be an analog for women of almost every thing that men experience about sex (or maybe it is vice versa). Women can have the equivalent of wet dreams for guys.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Originally posted by jns View Post

As far as I can tell, there seems to be an analog for women of almost every thing that men experience about sex (or maybe it is vice versa). Women can have the equivalent of wet dreams for guys.
              We're all human and there are a lot of similarities in how male and female bodies work.

Well, yeah, I have had wet dreams. I think people don't talk about it often, because it's less noticable when a woman is aroused or gets more vaginal fluid. To me it's quite noticable, but an erect penis or an ejaculation are visible in a very foolproof manner.

Comment

• ive not been with many women but all ive loved have been ever ready/high libido women and i have just adored that... the allure of such women, palpable, their vibe, present in every move and gesture. its not an aspect revealed only in sexual activity...and thats what makes it and them so beautiful, its like this electric aura i feel very soon upon first meeting , refreshing and reassuring, this strong pulse . and yes, i agree it is like a garden, if you feed it, it blossoms! so, yes, do these things. on a secondary note i have elevated hormones , didnt know why i always felt charged till i had my blood tested and i hover about 1000 in my testosterone level. they say it all happens in the womb... my gp says ive likely always been this way, . its a blessing, truly. so thank you mom and thank god for all of you women with high libidos. you are gorgeous fairies.

Comment

• Hi. I am glad to find this forum because I have a problem.. I am a 15 y old virgin girl, but since a few weeks I am very horny, I touch myself and I had a boyfriend but I've never had sex, we touched each other. Is it normal, and will I feel better if I will have sex ?

Comment

• If you’re feeling aroused all the time, having sex won’t make that stop. If you’re masturbating to the point of orgasm, that will help for a bit but it’s likely those feelings will return. I would recommend sex toys over intercourse for a variety of reasons.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• should I divorce

Due to a sexless marriage, I have found myself losing interest in my partner, we have both put on weight her 50 and me 15 and now do not desire her. I...

02-07-2024, 08:59 AM By CJ99
                    • Sexless in Seatle

All was great during the dating period, sex once a day or more then marriage, work stress and a move and that killed the sex drive. Not in the morning...

02-06-2024, 09:33 PM By CJ99
                    • Wife won't let husband finish inside her

Hi, first time posting.
                      I've been married to my wife for 24yrs now. She has never required me to wear a condom to have sex with her. After our 2nd...

02-02-2024, 10:18 PM By Kimroger
                    • Decreased pleasure in sex for no apparent good reason, please help

Hello, my boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months, I am 26 years old and he is 36, he recently found out that he has a problem with his libido....

02-01-2024, 07:10 AM By Kristyn12
                    • I can finish on top anymore, too pressured

My partner and I have had the best sex life for the past couple years, and recently he said to me that I haven’t finished while being on top in a while,...

01-28-2024, 01:33 PM By unknown1300
                    Working...
                    X