Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging out with another male while engaged.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree 100% that men and women can be platonic friends.

Often though, there is an 'imbalance' of feelings between the two parties. Usually the man wanting sex IMO, especially if the friendship is based on him originally being attracted to the girl and her relegating him to the position of her friend. This obviously isn't the girls fault and it is usually younger and less experienced men who find themselves in this situation.

Since AshB is what, 20 years old? And this guy is a similar age, say 20 he's going to be bat-****e horny, especially if he's single. I'd say in this instance he would like more from her, and would take it if he had half the chance. I'm not saying he's in the wrong if he does feel this way, 20 year old males think about little else.

As I stated above, male-female friendships can be platonic, but I'm guessing this 'friendship' doesn't apply.
    "The greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look" [I]Julius Caesar[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by sp346 View Post
      Also, there is always the possibility of developing a romantic relationship with somebody of the same gender.
      LOL. I tell my fiance straight up, I do not like men anyway. And if he ever left me, I'd be looking for a woman, not another man.
      He is the ONLY man I want. The only human being I want.

But I do think it's inappropriate for a married woman to hang out with a single man.
      "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

• Originally posted by AshB$ View Post

But I do think it's inappropriate for a married woman to hang out with a single man.
        On what grounds? My husband was deployed for a year and I made plenty of male friends, and maintained the ones that I already had. Why is it inappropriate to have friends of the opposite gender? Not that it's specifically relevant, but I'm bi and have poly leanings. Should I also not hang out with females without my husband?

At the end of the day, people should do what works best for their own relationship, but I never understood why it was "inappropriate" to hang out with some of my friends, just because of what dangly bits they had.

Comment

• It honestly depends on the person. But I've never once been able to hang out with a guy without him hitting on me.
          "Hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."

Comment

• It depends on the situation as well.

Are you have a couple drinks or getting drunk?
            Are you being open about it to your fiance or hiding it?
            Are you just hanging out or talking about any relationship problems you might have?
            Are you hanging out once a week or multiple times during a week?
            Is the friendship kind of random or are you looking forward to your next meeting?

To me the first options sound like a healthy friendship while the second set of options sound like a recipe for possible problems.

You just need to be aware of your friends intentions and they may change over time.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
            • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
            • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
            • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
            • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X