Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Butt Hair And Its Very Embarrassing!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to chat with people who know what it's like

I'm new to the group and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with the "bottom hair" problem. Confused89 - I also am 19 and I have a boyfriend. And I feel completley comfortable with my bf to let him see my butt and I'm sure your hubb will be comforting and understanding with your situation if he knows your so insecure about it, I mean my boyfriend loves me for who I am and doesn't care about my butt situation! and I don't feel depressed about it anymore because my bf is always touching my butt and wanting to look at it. I also would want the light off when we would "yeah" and when getting dressed. And would feel embarrassed when he rubbed my butt a certain way and I would wonder if it was smooth or prickley? Don't get me wrong I still hate the fact that I have to shave and get pimples here and there but I just keep care of my butt when washing it and use pimple cream for my butt if I need to. I look at it like, at least I can get rid of the hair, so thank God for shavers!

I have tried hair removal cream but it just irritated my bottom and burned and I don't have the money for laser so I'm stuck with shaving. When I shave, most the time part of my bottom will be smooth when I touch it (going from the side of my bottom to the crack) but when I start from the crack and go out it's kinda prickley still, any tips on how to shave? I also get pimples at the very bottom of my bum but not to often and I just use a good non sented soap and one of those scrubbing brushes, that works for me.

Comment

• i totally feel your pain. if i shave my butt, and it gets all stubbly like a day later, i won't even let my boyfriend touch it. if i don't shave it, and the hair is grown out, then i won't let him touch it either. what sucks most is my skin is SUPER sensitive so if i shave every day i get nicks and ingrown hairs everywhere. it's so upsetting.

Comment

• I also noticed it around 13 years old... it was very displeasing and I was also fairly ignorant about others having it, because it's so embarrassing that nobody wants to bring it up. I really don't shave and just leave it, because I'd rather have hair that is naturally there than extreme discomfort and itching and pimples. I've been getting laser on other parts of my body, but I hear it hurts really bad between the cheeks, but I'm going to go ahead and do it soon anyway. My girlfriend doesn't really care (she's not that hairy), but it bothers me that I'm not as smooth as she is.
        In Love

Comment

• harry bums

well as we can see there is alot of us out there that have hair on out bums. I think it is pretty common amongst ethnic women (and men).
          I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and have found that waxing has rrrrrreally reduced the hair on all private parts. The catch is that you have to do it regularly, every 4 weeks or so.
          I have shaved once or twice but the results were so temporary. And in grown hairs are so painful and unsightly.
          I tried laser treatments (at 300 bucks a pop) and it didn't work for me, i had to go back 3 times, $900 dollars later and i was still fuzzy wuzzy.
          So i am a true beliver in a brazilian wax. the women who do it are used to it, keep in mind that they chose this as their profession, so for them to care would be... well odd
          plus when you show up at your boyfriends house with close to no hair down there they will forget that you have booty hair. (I highly doubt that if you have hair on your booty that your boy hasnt notices, they are just being nice)
          its this helps u out
          P∑åC∑

Comment

• THANK GOD for you girls! I thought I was simply a freak of nature! My ethnicity makes me a pretty hairy girl and I realize that waxing just goes with the territory, but WOW I never imagined THAT area would be a problem! It's that stigma that only men should have a hair butt... and even then it is not so pretty!

Shaving is no good because it simply grows back fast and is stubbly. Personally I can't decide which is more mortifying: for a man to see that I have a hairy butt, or for him to feel that my butt is not smooth, but stubbly, and that I SHAVE MY BUTT??? I tried waxing, but to be honest I can't really navigate well enough down there to ensure I got it all and WOWSER is that not comfortable!

I think I got like 1/2 butt cheek into it when my eyes were watering and I just gave up! What's the point of waxing and going through all that if there is still going to be island patches of fur left behind? I remember missing some of the wax and my butt cheeks getting stuck together too, man was that a fun shower trying to clean that up! HA HA HA!

I am at the point where I feel modest about having to go somewhere to have my butt waxed, but man it would probably be worth it in the long run. I am a very sexual girl and not to be too blunt, but I really appreciate certain sexual positions which would expose my rear, but it takes so much planning and preparation that I feel stifled by this. I want to be able to wild and spontaneous about sex and my body, that's healthy and how it should be. Besides men are visual creatures and it turns them on to be able to see what's going on, but one common thing I have read on this post is the lights off tactic!

SO I am seeing my new romantic interest this Saturday and I am trying to decide... do I shave and he possibly sees/feels some stubble? Do I wax and eliminate stubble but possibly have a red, bumpy, irritated butt? decisions, decisions....

Comment

• I haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if this has been mentioned. Not quite a hairy butt - but this may be helpful. I used to shave my bikini line and shave along my labia, including the area very near the perineum and up between the cheeks. This is a very sensitive area but also incredibly difficult to shave smooth without multiple passes. The more times I'd pass the razor over it the worse the razor burn. Not to mention the irritation of the stubble growing back, as you say.

So I decided to try hair removal cream - I bought a 'hypo-allergenic' one. Now it does say that it is NOT made for use on the skin around the vagina and anus but I've never had sensitive skin so I thought I'd give it a try. I did a wee test patch and there was no irritation or reaction. So I went ahead and did the full area and OMG it was so much easier! I put a twist of tissue paper about the size of my index finger been my vagina lips to ensure I couldn't get any cream IN my vagina ( because that'd be :O) so it was just a question of slapping it on, wait 5 minutes, rinse it off. My skin felt totally soft and smooth and there was no irritation or discomfort at all. Even better than that the hair seems to grow back in softer, like after waxing.

I've been doing it ever since and I'm just sold on it - No stubble, no razor burn, no waxing pain. The brand I use is called Veet, I dunno if they sell that in the US or if it is a Euro thing. The important thing is to buy the one for sensitive skin and do a test patch.

Originally posted by JustaGirl View Post
              SO I am seeing my new romantic interest this Saturday and I am trying to decide... do I shave and he possibly sees/feels some stubble? Do I wax and eliminate stubble but possibly have a red, bumpy, irritated butt? decisions, decisions....
              Try depilatory cream. Unless you have a history of reacting badly to that type of product or you have very sensitive skin. It's worth a try.
              Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
              Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
              Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
              And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
              Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Comment

• i have a hairy butt too....no one else but me looks there so its going to be staying around for a while :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessica_19 View Post
                  Hello Everyone....i Am New To This Site...i Have Been Reading For Some Time And Can Relate To A Lot Of Things....

My First Problem..

I First Spotten Hair On My Butt When I Was About 13 And Like A Little Immature Girl I Started Shaving It...i Am Regretting It Now. When I Do Shave It Now (now Im 19) Its Good And Soft For That One Day And The Rest Of The Time Its Very Uncomfortable And Itchy....i Dont Know What To Do Anymore...i Have Used A Cream Hair Removal But Its The Same Thing.....does Anyone Have The Same Problem ??? I Would Appreciate All The Advice I Could Get.

Another Situation I Was Wondering About.....

I Have Always Been Wondering About Brazilian Waxing....i Hear And Read That It Hurts The First Couple Of Times....i Live In New York And Dont Really Know What Salons To Trust...does Anyone Here Live In New York And Know Of A Good Place I Can Go For A Brazilian Wax????

Thank You For Everything And Sorry For The Long Post

Jessica

hey, im jean, and yes you should be goin for waxing. and hey, that might just hurt, you must have a numbing cream handy, (edited by moderator) for advertising a product
                  Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 05-13-2009, 03:36 AM. Reason: advertising not allowed

Comment

• Isn't laser hair removal like really expensive? I was just going to get my moustache lasered but it's like 250 bucks just for the upper lip. Does anyone have a hair back too? Ugh it's o gross. I hate even wearing tank tops because of it!! I'm kind of young though so i don't have boyfriends to really worry about yet, but i most likely will soon and I'm so embarassed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I have a fine layer of hair across my butt as well, and like everyone else, I was (and still sort of am) freaked out about it. I haven't shaved it, simply because its not super hairy and I don't want to have to constantly keep re-shaving it and fear that it will keep coming in thicker and thicker. For those of you who mentioned it, does waxing your butt really hurt?
                      .:. if nothing changed, we wouldn't have butterflies.:.

Comment

• Waxing is probably the better way to go but I can say its painful.

Comment

• I have the same problem. I've never shaved but used hair removal creams but unfortunately they say it is not supposed to be used on those areas. I seriously thinking bout the laser treatment though.

Comment

• butt hair

i have butt hair. it sucks.i dont feel sexy wearing a thong..i had my friend cut my butt hair but i know she wont do that forever! how old do you have to be to get a wax? do u wax butt hair?

Comment

• Shared problem

To all the hairy girls out there, as many of you said, it is nice to know you are not the only one.
                              I speak to you from the 30+ group . I have always had a hairy butt. And as many of you said shaving does not give a long term solution, neither does hair removal cream. I had laser treatment and unfortunately it did not help me, because of the colour of my hair ( a risk I was whiling to take). Just to explain, usually the best results for laser treatment would be if you have light skin and dark hair. If you have dark skin it is not ideal because of the pigmentation of the skin. So be sure you research before committing to this expensive treatment.
                              While you are having the treatment you have to be cautious and not expose the area to the sun, not that it is a problem here... For me, waxing has always been the best solution. it works, you have a red patch for a day or two, then no hair for a couple of weeks, but you have to wait for it to grow in order to have it waxed again, if the hair is very short it can’t be waxed. So you end up having a week to ten days in which you have to let it grow. On the bright side, as the years pass, if you keep on waxing the hair does get thinner and you end up having less of it.
                              Good Luck to all of you who share this very unpleasant problem.
                              P.S. I have been too many different cosmeticians, this is a problem shared by many, so the women who wax have seen it all, it is an everyday thing, nothing surprises them, and more then that they understand how uncomfortable you are about it, and always make you feel like they want to help you. So don’t be embarrassed it is natural to have hair, some cultural embrace it, some don’t...

Comment

• Ok so as a guy (I'm on this site because I have a separate question about removing female hair in certain places) I would not care if I saw a girl who had a little (or a lot of) hair. We're all mammals and we grow hair, if you're boyfriend won't like you because he thinks that you're otherwise hot but he can't get over your hair then he's a loser and not worth it.

Anyway like the above reply eluded to waxing is your best bet, most salons will do it for you, and they don't care because that's their job and they've seen it all and they've seen worse, so don't be embarrassed about doing it.

Also, I know that laser hair removal is effective (like the above post said, it is optimal if you have light skin and dark hair), and don't be embarrassed to go there either. Just ask them ahead of time if they offer the service (some don't), and if they do chances are they've seen it all and they've seen worse.

Bottom line is don't spend time worrying about this, there are more important things to worry about, guys who think that the total amount of hair on a woman below her neck should be zero are incredibly superficial so don't waste time on them. Guys who realize that women are mammals too and happen to grow hair in places and can get over it are the way to go.

Please see my question in another thread regarding how to trim hair, I'm curious to know what works.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to How do I know? Menopause.

My gyne said you're in menopause when you haven't had a period for a full year. Being on birth control regulates your period and your hormones so it's...

Today, 02:15 PM By Julia W.
                                • Reply to Butt Eating

Ah, butt play. Hmmm...it's not my go to area to be honest. No particular reason and I applaud those who enjoy it but I'm pretty indifferent. However,...

Yesterday, 04:05 PM By Vanessa R.
                                • Reply to Butt Eating

I have a story from my days running a bar that might help with your question... It was late one night, almost closing time, when my best friend/head...

05-05-2021, 09:01 PM By TJ T.
                                • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

I remember when that happened. It annoyed me to say the least, her reaction to “how the other half” must live — as though it didn’t exist until...

05-04-2021, 10:19 AM By Alison H.
                                • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

Wednesday L.F. I agree, but I also think that some people may not feel as if they'd "qualify" as attractive/pretty (or at least, not enough...

05-03-2021, 01:06 PM By Emily D.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Spontaneous Orgasm

Does anyone know if "spontaneous orgasm" for women is a thing? You know, like you are just going along minding your own business one moment...

04-28-2021, 09:24 AM By FeelingWeird
                                • What is your favorite sex toy?

Do you have a favorite sex toy that you can't live without? What is it and where did you get it?

04-24-2021, 11:20 AM By Julia W.
                                • Increased UTIs and BV with hormonal IUD?

I've had my hormonal IUD for several years now (Lyletta) and every since I got it I've been really prone to UTIs and BV/yeast infection type situations....

04-18-2021, 01:48 PM By Gena G.
                                • Cleaning your sex toys

Hey WHI friends! I've been writing about cleaning sex toys. I hope people know that you should be cleaning them on the reg. Like every time you use them!...

04-16-2021, 02:22 PM By Julia W.
                                • Low Arousal

Hello! New here!
                                  Im 31, woman married to a man. My husband is extremely helpful when it comes to sex, doing anything I might enjoy. We’ve been...

04-16-2021, 01:50 PM By CourtneyCourtney
                                Working...
                                X