Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Butt Hair And Its Very Embarrassing!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would absolutely love to not to have to worry about it with my husband and just be wild and spontaneous in bed, he definitely deserves it. but i'm dealing with a hairy butt too. like a lot of you ( btw i thought i was totally alone here so i feel less alone now so thanks guys), i have hair just about everywhere, its because when i was younger i shaved everywhere i saw hair,didn't have much of a mom around to tell me that if i did it it would all grow back 10 times thicker! now I'm too embarrassed to wear just underwear around my husband, and wont do certain...positions, and i've got a paranoid feeling about having it removed by someone else. like its the worst they've seen lol.

Comment

• hi im 15 and am sooo self concious. so i have a few questions.

1. are you supposed to have alittle hair on your butt because isnt it true you have hair all over your body? also is it supposed to be alittle darker as it grows in between the two cheeks?

2. any advice onto how to get reallly good abs? im trying to get the guy i like to like me as more than a friend but he was a girlfriend so im trying to work on my body.

3. i have really curly hair. i mean its not like tons of tight curls but pretty curly and i dont know what product to use so its now frizzy but not crunchy with hair product and hair spray. any suggestions?

sienna

Comment

• OMG I thought I was the ONLY one...

That has been my biggest problem...I am a REALLY hairy girl, and I have hair all over my butt, but its because around age 12 I started shaving it, not knowing it was going to grow back lol. But now, since I'm a lot older my relationship with my boyfriend are becoming pretty serious lol, and I'm SO embarrassed to be naked with him...hence I dont want him to see my butt hair lol. I don't want to shave it though, because its going to grow back even thicker....eww. I'm terrified of getting anything waxed....it looks so painful...especially down in my vagina area...OUCH. Any suggestions? I guess I could just turn the lights out?? lol thanks btw! You guys are awesome! I thought I was the only one that had this problem...does anyone have lower back hair?? hahaha lmao. I do! & its gross...I'm scared to wear a bikini even though it was no big deal last time i wore one...I'm just REALLY REALLY insecure about my body.

Comment

• Wait...

Wait when you say back hair Lilly, do you mean lower back hair, cuz thats what I have..,but for some reason the rest of my back is pretty much hairless..but then there is all this hair on my lower back lol.

Comment

• As a guy i think that all guys really need to get over the whole "girls should be hairless idea".. In my opinion hair on a girl in "that area" doesnt bother me at all.. Whether it be a little or alot.. My ex g/f used to shave it off all the time until i convinced her that it was ok to leave it.. You Should try to find a guy that accepts you for the way you are =]

Comment

• When I was young I used to shave my butt hair so it grew thicker and longer and although I tried to remove it by wax many times,my husband convinced me to leave it as it is so now I keep it as he loves it that way.As long as you clean the area very well,there is no harm in leaving your butt hair especially if your man likes it that way.

Comment

• i have the same problem its so embaressing especially when im in bed with my husband he doesnt understand its something i cant just get rid of and he kinda makes fun of me for it. ive tried shaving and just like someone else said its okay at first but after a few days it starts to get itchy and it annoys me. im to afraid tp wax because im like deathly afraid of the pain! is there any other alternatives that might work??

Comment

• Yet another victim of butt hair. I knew I had hair but I thought it was just "normal" then my boyfriend told me I did. I shrugged it off like "Meh, everyone does." Then he took a picture... and I cried. haha. It's so awful! I want to get laser hair removal someday... when I'm rich. haha. He doesn't get on my case about it too much though cause his is as hairy as his head. haha. I don't know why it just doesn't bother me at all. He has Naired it once and it was like seeing someone who shaved their head. Just weird. haha. But someday... we both want laser hair removal.

Comment

• There is something oddly disturbing about the visualisation of someone putting Nair on their nether region.

Comment

• I post this some time ago but it seems appropriate here
                      https://www.womens-health.com/boards...eal-funny.html

Comment

• I guess it goes like:

Hair on top of your head? Wonderful!

Hair on your arms. Well..OK

Hair on your pubic region? Uh..

Hair anywhere else (underarms, tummy, legs, butt)? OMFG!!!

I suppose it would be weird seeing a woman walking around looking like Chewbacca, but I also don't think having a bit of hair on your rear or anywhere else is THAT big a deal.

Comment

• Well i had my husband trim my hair and pubic hair and let me tell the torture now. He didn't do it all the way down but enough that now it's stubble between my butt cheeks! It's so sore and irritated especially when I walk and then when I am just sitting it hurts too it prickles and probably so sore from the walking and prickling. I hate it and wish I had never had him do it. It's not like he even cared about it it was my choice. He was trimming my pubic hair which has been fine so I though hey would you trim my hole while your at it and so he did.
                          I am 23 weeks pregnant so it really limits what i can use to sooth the hole and the skin around it. I am told by a pharmasist that I can use hydrocortozone cream once a day sparenly on my skin, didn't ask about the hole. Lucky I am going to the OB tomorrow morning so will get to ask what I can use if anything. I am very embarrassed to ask but i have to due to the irriation driving me nuts.
                          Any suggestions and help appreciated. Also anyone done this and know how long I have to endure this suffering, will it take months for the hair to feel normal again? Please some comforting advice and help would be lovely!

Comment

• it does get annoying...

I've gotten a Brazilian a few times, but it is sort of uncomfortable. And I always think, why is another lady doing this, when I can do it myself? So, I usually wax that area when it starts to get outta control. Yes of course it hurts at first. But, I feel much better & cleaner afterwards. Plus the hair starts to get thinner the more you wax so hopefully after a while, I won't have to keep on waxing. And I think waxing is cheaper than Laser. And you can do it in the comfort of your own bathroom. I bought the wax warmer & I use GiGi hemp wax(kit) & keep it on (low) until I'm done doing my thing. And I get the muslin strips too since it removes hair much better than the weird white strips that you usually get w/ any wax. You should try to get one of those "female" area trimmers too. If you get your hair down to a length (maybe about 1/4 of an inch) that is easier to wax, it won't take as long & it won't be as messy. I've done this quite a few times, & I even wax my own legs & armpits. But, if you do wax, watch some tutorials on youtube if it is your first time... And make sure to "prep" the skin first & be sure that the wax is not too HOT! Good luck!

Comment

• I've got very fair skin with dark hair, especially between my butt crack. I've had it since I was a young teenager. Let me tell you, from my own experience I firmly believe it is all about confidence. I used to be embarrassed of my "problem" but I don't think guys really care. I dated my now ex-boyfriend for 4 1/2 years and he loved my butt. The hair in between my cheeks and around my anus never bothered him. In fact, it seemed to turn him on. I've never removed the hair there and I most likely never will. If a guy has a problem with it, he's been brainwashed by the media to think girls should only have hair on their head.

Comment

• Okay, let me just start off by saying it sucks how long it takes to find this thread in a search engine when you type in "women butt hair".... some pretty nasty sites show up, ha.

Anyway, I feel everyone's pain here. It's a sickeningly insecure issue. As it's most common for women to have hair in the lining of their bum, ya know, PUBIC hair, it's not so common to have that thick, darker hair ON the bum. I've tried to do some reading on possible reasons for it, and besides certain ethnicities having more/darker hair than some, hormonal issues popped up a lot, too. I'm not quite sure if that's an issue for me, since I have a pretty regular period. Who knows.

Well, back to the hair. I probably didn't notice any sort of hair on my bum until a few years ago (I'm 23 now). I don't know if I just wasn't looking before, or if it had just started to become more noticeable. I believe I started tanning around that time... 6-10 times a month ...something like that. Anyway, I have really fair colored skin, and I've heard that your skin starts to grow hair to protect you from the sun??? I don't know, but I have noticed more light, fuzzy hairs all over my body... could just be more noticeable from having tanner skin (I only tan before a trip, so I'm far from a "tanaholic"). SoOo, I'm thinking maybe the lighter, natural hair that we all have on our butts just... had some sort of reaction, and voila! A disgusting bum?? Ha, not a clue.

Okay, okay, so I'm rambling! Alright, so I bought the Tria Hair Remover Laser system thing (you'll be glad to know it's a few hundred dollars less than what I bought it for :-( ). I've only used the laser a few times. It's been hard to find the time to torture myself, and you have to start off doing it every two weeks. Ha, discomfort is not that bad... just little rubber band snaps... more intense at the highest setting. Anyhow, I think I'm going to try it on my bum. You have to shave, though, so that's what's keeping me from doing it these past few months. The closer the shave, the less pain. Ugh. I really have to get dedicated to doing it, 'cause if it works, in 6-8 months... it may no longer be an issue for me. THAT WOULD BE AMAAAAZING. So, I'll try to come back to the board later and let you guys know how it goes, 'cause I know if any of you feel as half as bad as I do about it, then this could be a total blessing. ♥

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• The Submissive Husband & Dominant Wife Dynamic — Let's Talk About BDSM!

When we think of “submissive” husbands, we might envision some quiet, meek guy who is excessively subservient to his wife.

But the truth...

Today, 06:09 PM By Gena G.
                                • Reply to How do I know? Menopause.

My gyne said you're in menopause when you haven't had a period for a full year. Being on birth control regulates your period and your hormones so it's...

Today, 02:15 PM By Julia W.
                                • Reply to Butt Eating

Ah, butt play. Hmmm...it's not my go to area to be honest. No particular reason and I applaud those who enjoy it but I'm pretty indifferent. However,...

Yesterday, 04:05 PM By Vanessa R.
                                • Reply to Butt Eating

I have a story from my days running a bar that might help with your question... It was late one night, almost closing time, when my best friend/head...

05-05-2021, 09:01 PM By TJ T.
                                • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

I remember when that happened. It annoyed me to say the least, her reaction to “how the other half” must live — as though it didn’t exist until...

05-04-2021, 10:19 AM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X