The Best Vibrators — Curated By Our Experts & Their Orgasms
Friends, I’m here to tell you that pleasure isn’t optional in life — we need it for our well-being.
The sex toy revolution is well underway, and those with vulvas are reaping great benefits.
We’re using sex toys to learn about our bodies, to better understand our own sexual responses, and to discover all the incredible sensations we’re capable of experiencing.
With that in mind — how does anybody know which vibrator is the right one?
Like the many streaming services out there, you could take a long time reaching a decision and still not be entirely sure you’ve chosen correctly.
It sounds like a first-world problem, but having too much to choose from can be paralyzing.
With some knowledge of forethought and this basic primer on which vibes we think are worth investigating, you’ll never have to feel like you’re missing out on a great new sex toy.
In this comprehensive guide to the best vibrators, we’ll cover:
- Our Vibrator Quiz: A Shortcut To Finding The Right Vibe
- The Most Common Types Of Vibrators
- The Safest Materials For Vibrators
- What Makes A Vibrator The “Best”?
- The Best Vibrators For Clitoral Stimulation
- The Best Vibrators For Vaginal Stimulation
- The Best Vibrators For Dual Stimulation
Vibrator Quiz: A Quick Way To Find The Right Vibe
Whether you’re new to vibes or an old hand at them (giggity!) there’s always something new to discover. Your answers to our vibrator quiz might lead you in a cool new direction you hadn’t considered before!
Vibrator Types, Safety, And Materials
There is a huge variety of what my grandmother called “marital aids” out there, but having at least a rudimentary understanding of the basic types and their functions is the foundation you’ll use to make a selection for yourself.
Most vibrators can be put into one (or sometimes a few) categories, though individual toys can and will differ wildly in their strength, features, design, and price.
Let’s take a quick look at the types of vibrators we’ve included in our best of the best review and the safest materials they should be made from.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Vibrators?
Clitoral And External Stimulation Vibrators →
- Clitoral Vibrators: This non-penetrative vibrator type is designed to stimulate the vulva and clitoris. Most clit vibrators tend to be small and generally offer a lower level of vibration compared to insertable vibrators. On the other hand, clitoral massagers like wand vibrators are much larger and typically a lot louder.
- Clit Sucking Vibrators: Also known as a suction vibrator, this technologically advanced sex toy is designed to mimic oral sex. Clit sucking vibes may be mechanical, or use air or water pulses to achieve their realistic sensations and focus exclusively on the clitoris.
- Wand Vibrators: This clitoral vibe is meant to be used on the clitoris and vulva, but can be more versatile at the user’s discretion and thanks to a variety of attachments some models offer. Wands tend to be among the most powerful vibes, particularly those using AC power from an electrical outlet.
- Bullet Vibrators: A bullet is a small, versatile mini vibrator available in a wide range of strengths. Bullet vibrators and mini vibrators can be used on their own or in tandem with a cock ring or a variety of other sex toys.
- Egg Vibrators: Similar to the bullet, an egg vibrator is a small nugget that often packs a powerful punch. If an egg vibe has a string attached, it can be used vaginally or even anally.
- Wearable Vibrators: As its name suggests, this type of vibrator is one you can wear around the house or anywhere else you may roam. Although often discreet even in public, wearable vibrators and panty vibrators aren’t for library use — you’ll want to stick with lively parties or busy streets.
- Panty Vibrators: Like wearable vibrators above, these vibrators are designed to be worn inside your underwear. Also known as vibrating panties, the underwear itself doesn’t vibrate. Integrated vibrating panties feature a pocket within the crotch that holds a small bullet vibrator, whereas standalone panty vibrators can be worn inside of any pair of underwear.
- Butterfly Vibrators: Designed to create a fluttering sensation around the clitoris and vulva, the shape of this particular type of vibrator usually resembles that of a butterfly — although not always. Vibrators that have “wings” can stimulate the vulva on a much wider scale compared to many other clitoral vibrators. Many butterfly vibrators are designed to be worn, held in place by your underwear or with a harness.
- Finger Vibrators: Designed to fit over the fingertip or worn like a ring, finger vibrators are small but often overlooked sex toys that can take manual stimulation to a brand new level of awesome.
Vaginal Stimulation Vibrators →
- G-Spot Vibrators: This type of vibrator is designed to reach the G-spot, which is located one to three inches inside the vaginal wall. Many women enjoy stimulation from a G-spot vibrator although not everyone does, and this elusive zone is a source of contention within the vulva-owning community.
- Egg Vibrators: As we mentioned earlier, egg vibrators that feature a retrieval cord can be safely used internally for vaginal or anal stimulation.
- Wearable Vibrators: Some wearable vibrators have an insertable, penis-like shaft that stimulates the G-spot and vagina.
- Butterfly Vibrators: Many butterfly vibrators include an insertable shaft for vaginal penetration and stimulation of the G-spot.
- Finger Vibrators: Although many finger vibrators are too small to accommodate insertion, those that cover an entire finger like a glove can be used vaginally and for G-spot stimulation.
Dual Stimulation Vibrators →
- Rabbit Vibrators: This dual (or sometimes triple) stimulation vibrator is designed to provide simultaneous clitoral and vaginal stimulation. The rabbit vibrator’s name is derived from its original design, featuring “bunny ears” on the external arm for clit stimulation.
- Egg Vibrators: Some egg vibrators have two vibrating eggs attached to provide simultaneous stimulation of the vagina and clitoris, both nipples, or anywhere else you might crave this kind of excitement.
- Wearable Vibrators: Some wearable vibrators provide dual stimulation through a clitoral vibrator and a penis-like shaft that stimulates the G-spot at the same time.
- Butterfly Vibrators: As we mentioned earlier, some butterfly vibrators include a vibrating shaft that works in tandem with a clitoral vibrator to provide dual stimulation.
- Finger Vibrators: Some finger vibrators that cover more than one finger at a time can be used to stimulate the clitoris and vagina together.
What Are The Safest Materials To Look For In A Vibrator?
Body-safe sex toy materials are those that have been proven to be safe for clitoral, vaginal, or anal use and do not contain toxic chemicals or potentially harmful additives.
Most body-safe sex toy materials are non-porous — a quality that makes them resistant to bacteria and easy to thoroughly clean.
Sex toys made from porous materials – which act a lot like a sponge — do exist and some are even considered body-safe because of their base material.
But porous sex toys tend to break down or wear out much more quickly compared to those made from non-porous materials.
It’s advisable to use condoms with porous toys for personal safety and also to extend their life — though many would say that defeats the purpose of using a leather or Cyberskin toy. Safety first, kids!
The best non-porous materials for sex toys include:
- Medical-grade or body-safe silicone
- ABS plastic
- Nickel-free metal
- Annealed (slow cooled) glass
- Chlorine-free vinyl
- Latex rubber — provided you don’t have an allergy or sensitivity
Less desirable sex toy materials include:
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Bisphenol-A (BPA)
- Jelly rubber (which may contain PVC or phthalates)
Technically, these things can be made into “body-safe” toys, but there are also cheap and subpar versions of these materials being used to make inexpensive sex toys.
Unless you’re very familiar with a particular manufacturer that you trust, there’s no way to know if the plastic of a cheap vibrator is high-quality ABS or if its PVC is free of dangerous toxins like phthalates.
I’m not exactly a risk-averse human, but if something is gonna be touching my bits, I want to be very sure that it’s as safe as possible.
Personally for me, now that silicone exists, I don’t see a reason to use anything else.
How We Chose The “Best” Vibrators
If you only learn one thing about vibrators from this article, it should be that no two people have the exact same experience with any sex toy.
Likewise, there’s no singular toy that’s the “best” vibrator for every person.
Some folks might prefer a rechargeable vibrator over one that’s AC-powered, while others may want a remote-controlled vibrator for hands-free use.
You might be seeking a vibrator or dildo that resembles the penis of your favorite past lover, while the person standing next to you would rather use a completely non-phallic clit sucker.
With that in mind, we want to be very clear about how we made our selections.
Many of our staffers, this writer included, personally test toys before we recommend them — or decide not to.
We also talk to others who have used them, exhaustively read through others’ reviews, watch review videos, and then we try them out again.
If we don’t love it and trust a sex toy — or even a personal lubricant, for that matter — we won’t tell anyone to buy it.
In addition, we are constantly trying and learning about new toys, potential issues with current recommendations, and always updating our criteria and top picks.
What Features Did We Consider In Our Ratings Of The “Best” Vibrators?
Essentially, we at Women’s Health Interactive use the same criteria that I would use to buy myself a new vibe.
Important features we consider when rating any vibrator include:
- Body-safe, nonporous materials
- Quality design and construction
- Water-resistant or waterproof (when reasonable)
- Reliable and convenient power supply
- Sound level — particularly for wearable devices
- Overall strength of vibrations
- Range of vibration pattern or speeds
- Special or unique features that make a toy stand out
We feel that a quality sex toy is safe for your body, easy to care for, long-lasting, and of course — gets the job done spectacularly.
How Do You Choose The Best Vibrator For You?
This can be a tricky question.
If you already have a sex toy you like, that may be a good place to start.
What would you change about your favorite toy, if you could? What qualities does your fave toy have that you want your next toy to duplicate? Is there something new that you’ve always wanted to try?
If you’ve never used a sex toy of any kind, start by considering how you like to masturbate.
Do you like firm or light pressure? Any preferences for textures? Is there a specific body part you want to stimulate more or avoid entirely?
Vulva-centric sex toys can focus on clitoral or vaginal stimulation. A toy’s vibration motor might spin or rotate in such a way that it creates a light, buzzy sensation or a deep, rumbly vibration.
A vibrator’s design may focus on the clitoris, the G-spot, or vaginal penetration and some are even designed to pleasure all of your sweetest spots together or alone.
Already feeling overwhelmed? That’s okay. Stay with us because in the end, the best vibrator is the one YOU like best — and we’re here to help you find it!
The Best Vibrators By Type
We’ve arranged our best vibe choices by stimulation type for simplicity, but keep in mind that some sex toys are more versatile than others and can often do two (or more!) things at the same time.
In fact, versatility is a great feature to look for in a vibe — because you never know what you might find yourself in the mood for.
Features you should consider when shopping for a vibrator:
- The vibrator’s intended use (clitoral, vaginal, or dual stimulation)
- The type of stimulation it offers — focused or diffused
- Its overall size and shape
- Its ease of use
- The safety of its materials
- Its decibel level and the amount of noise it makes during operation
- The range of vibration intensity, patterns, and settings it offers
- The vibrator’s power source
- The amount of playtime on a full charge and how long the vibrator takes to recharge
- The type of controls used — and whether they’re located on the vibrator or accessed via remote control or app
- In the case of a panty vibrator, whether it comes with panties or not
- In terms of a wand vibrator, whether it includes attachments for greater versatility
- Whether or not the vibrator is waterproof (if this is important to you)
To make our list of top recommendations, each vibrator had to meet and exceed our rigorous standards and be:
- Made of high-grade materials (and not contain toxic substances or common allergens)
- The best of the best — none of our ratings go below 4 — because we take pleasure seriously
A Note On Our Recommendations:
None of the products that made this list include any of the potentially toxic substances we talked about earlier like polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic, BPA, or phthalates, which can be harmful to your health.
We also avoided toys crafted from porous materials, as they cannot be easily cleaned or sterilized.
Additionally, the vibrators on our list are all made from quality silicone that is listed as either body-safe or medical-grade, chloride-free vinyl, or ABS plastic.
We purposefully didn’t repeat any vibrator twice — even though some products could qualify as the top choice for multiple categories — to offer you the widest range of products to meet your needs.
Best Vibrators For Clitoral Stimulation
There are lots of choices for vulva-owners looking for external — and let’s be honest, clitoral — stimulation.
That’s great news for the clit, but it may be overwhelming to our shopping bone. (That’s a thing, right?)
To help you in your search, our list contains only our TOP pick and an honorable mention in each category so you can invest in a long-lasting vibe that gets the job done.
Best Clitoral/External Vibrator
[Note: Get the Hitachi Magic Wand for only $63.96 or the Rechargeable for only $127.96. Use code "WHI25" and get 20% off from Adam & Eve — a specially negotiated discount we secured after independent review.]
- Extremely Intense Vibrations Will Rock Your World
- Perfect For Massage Anywhere On Your Body
- Can Be Used With A Partner
- Available With DC Plug Or Rechargeable
- Excellent For Clitoral Or G-Spot Use
- Loud As Hell, Not Waterproof
Any traditionalist will tell you that the Hitachi Magic Wand has been consistently popular for generations for a reason.
The original Hitachi wand has been around since 1968. If you asked the good people of Hitachi at the time, they’d have said their AC-powered Magic Wand is great for sore neck and back muscles, and stress relief.
We tend to focus on the latter, if you get my meaning.
The great Betty Dodson, author of “Sex for One,” popularized the use of the Hitachi Magic Wand for clitoral use in the 1980s.
We thank her for her service, and for reminding us of everything there is to love about this powerhouse vibe.
Although it’s a powerful vibrator, the Hitachi Magic Wand is versatile enough to use on sore neck and back muscles. After all, it’s more difficult to reach orgasm with a crick in your neck.
The Hitachi wand delivers the most powerful vibrations of any sex toy around. In fact, some users prefer to experience this device through their underwear or pants.
The vibes are just that strong — and are less adjustable compared to other wands. My old AC Hitachi has two settings: “Strong” and “Help, I can’t seem to move on my own anymore.”
The problem with the Hitachi Magic Wand is that it’s pretty old school and we’ve come to expect more from modern sex toys.
Updated versions of the Hitachi now offer a rechargeable battery, which is a great feature. Some are even waterproof or water-resistant — read the manual carefully to avoid disaster.
- Honorable Mention:
LELO SILA→ 4.8 out of 5
Offering clitoral stimulation of a completely different nature, our honorable mention, the LELO SILA, uses sonic pulses that penetrate your clit on a much deeper level.
This particular toy feels like world-class cunnilingus and it even stays in place for hands-free use — I know because I personally reviewed it.
I also love that the SILA looks nothing like a penis, yet it delivers mind-blowing orgasms every time.
It’s a great clitoral vibrator for those who enjoy edging and delaying their orgasms for as long as possible and I highly recommend it.
→ For more, read: Why I Think The LELO SILA Will Rock Your World (Full Review)
Best Clit Sucking Vibrator
- Feels Like World-Class Cunnilingus
- Short Charging Time, 1 Hour Battery Life
- Lots Of Options For Intensity And Patterns
- Sonic Pulses Feel Like Deep Tissue Massage
- Waterproof + Crafted From Ultra-Soft Body-Safe Silicone + ABS Plastic
- Not Suited For Use During Intercourse
- May Require Placement Adjustment During Use
- Only 1 Hour Of Use On Full Charge
- Can Be Too Powerful For Those Who Are More Sensitive
You might think that any vibrator that sucks your clit is going to be amazing, right?
The truth is that all clit-suckers are not created equal. Because these sex toys are designed to mimic oral sex, what works for one clit may not work for another.
If Georgia O’Keefe has taught us anything, it’s that every vulva, clitoris, and vagina has its own beautiful shape and style.
That means the best clit sucking vibrator for you is the one that gets along best with your body. These devices vary in size, shape, and angle of use — so it can be tricky to figure out which one to try.
I’ve found that the LELO SONA 2 Cruise has the best blend of sensation, features, and price. I love how it feels — especially with the way it ramps up when it senses movement as you get closer to climax.
That’s one cool feature that the SONA 2 Cruise has that the SONA 2 does not, although the latter is still a very nice item.
Both clit sucking vibrators look identical and for the most part, they function in the exact same manner, aside from one important feature that sets them apart.
The SONA 2 Cruise, which I reviewed personally, offers a “cruise control” feature and ramps up when it senses movement — leading to explosive orgasms.
The SONA 2 and SONA 2 Cruise are both waterproof in case you want to use either of them in a hot tub and they offer at least 90 minutes of playtime on a full charge.
That’s a lot of simulated cunnilingus, friends!
- Honorable Mention:
Lora DiCarlo Baci → 4.9 out of 5
LELO is my go-to brand when I want to buy my girly bits a fun new toy. But that’s not to disparage other makers. Lora DiCarlo leads the world in sex toy innovation, so much so that not everyone can handle it.
DiCarlo has had awards bestowed, rescinded, then re-bestowed because her eye for reinventing the sex toy game is just that amazing. Oh, and she’s still winning awards.
Baci, personally reviewed by my fellow writer, Gena Gephart, is another favorite among cunnilingus enthusiasts and has legions of dedicated fans.
It’s also evidence that some of the best vulva-centric sex toys around don’t look anything like a penis.
It’s almost as if evolution didn’t have the female orgasm in mind when it…well, I digress.
→ For more, read: The Lora DiCarlo Baci Totally Sucks (And I Love It!)
Best Wand Vibrator
- Vibrations Range From “Teasing Murmur” To “Satisfying Pulse”
- Flexible Neck Stimulates Every Erogenous Zone With Ease
- 4-Hour Run Time Will Last Longer Than You Do
- Silky-Smooth Body-Safe Silicone Construction
- 100% Waterproof + 1-Year Warranty
- Cannot Be Used While Charging — Which Takes 2 1/2 Hours
We’ve talked about the Hitachi Magic Wand and how it’s great for clitoral stimulation. Hitachis are the gold standard for vulva owners seeking a reliable, powerful, tried-and-true item that performs flawlessly.
The Hitachi wand is probably also the same vibrator our mothers and even grandmothers owned. I’m not saying you have to ask them — but you should if you have that kind of relationship.
No matter how great something is, however, there’s usually a way to make it better.
That brings us to the LELO SMART WAND 2.
What’s so great about it? Oh, plenty of things.
First, it’s cordless and rechargeable. This is still a big deal in the world of wand massagers, which often rely on AC power to get those powerful rumbly vibes that users crave.
The LELO SMART WAND 2 also has 10 vibration settings — which is a crazy high amount for a wand vibrator. It also offers a variety of vibe patterns — another feature most wands are notoriously lacking.
Best of all, the SMART WAND 2 has a killer battery life — a staggering four hours of use on a single charge. That makes it an excellent choice for edging to delay orgasm if you’re into pleasure that lasts.
LELO created a powerhouse wand massager that is versatile, long-lasting, flexible, and made with quality silicone — my favorite material for sex toys by a wide margin.
What we ended up with is a powerful yet quiet, rechargeable yet long-lasting, ergonomic, and versatile wand massager that is well-suited to all genders, body types, and ability levels.
After all, wands are a popular choice among users with movement difficulties or issues like arthritis or carpal tunnel.
LELO seems to have kept that in mind when designing the SMART WAND 2 and it’s obvious when you take a long hard look at its design.
- Honorable Mention:
Luna Wand Massager → 4.5 out of 5
Although we’ve talked about the Hitachi Magic Wand and the top-rated LELO SMART WAND 2, I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you about the Luna Rechargeable Personal Wand Massager.
Adorably cute and surprisingly strong, the Luna has an intuitive memory that retains the last setting you used.
Completely waterproof for use in the bath or shower, this budget-friendly vibrator offers 8 speeds and 20 patterns.
Best Bullet Vibrator
- Built-In Memory That Remembers Previous Vibe Pattern Used
- 8 Speeds & Patterns
- Rechargeable + Low Battery Indicator
- Safe ABS Plastic
- Vibes Might Be Too Intense For Some Users
- Magnetic Charging Design Can Be Flimsy
- Doesn’t Always Hold A Full Charge
- No Travel Lock Feature
Bullets are one of the most versatile types of vibrators.
Bullet vibrators can be used alone, with other sex toys, with a partner, or even placed between partners. Some cock rings and wearables are even designed to be used with insertable bullet vibes.
These tend to be operated with disposable or rechargeable batteries — making them super portable, convenient, and even stealthy if that’s your plan.
When choosing a bullet vibe for yourself, size is a crucial issue. Consider how you masturbate or how you like to be stimulated by a partner. That should give you a rough idea of what size you like.
Shape is another vital factor and you may find yourself getting ideas once you feast your eyes on your ideal bullet vibrator shape.
For our money, the We-Vibe Tango is a fantastic option. It’s small but very powerful, and pretty quiet for how strong the vibes are.
Take a closer look at the Tango below:
Honestly, one of the coolest features of the We-Vibe Tango is a battery indicator that lets you know you need to recharge.
This should be available on every rechargeable sex toy — but it’s very difficult to find vibrators with that feature.
What if I can’t remember the last time I charged it? What if I don’t recall how much use time is left because that’s not what I was thinking about while using it?
Are you listening, vibrator designers? Battery indicator lights — always!
The We-Vibe Tango is so powerful for its size that it might be a little too much for beginners.
If you’re just starting out with a bullet vibrator, something like the Crave Vesper might be a more suitable option. The Vesper is highly stylish with all-metal construction, and it’s powerful without being overwhelming.
- Honorable Mention:
LELO LILY 2→ 4.5 out of 5
Providing up to 4 hours of playtime on a single 2-hour charge, the LELO LILY 2 is our honorable mention in the bullet vibrator category.
Featuring an ergonomic design, this waterproof gem is the only vibrator on our list that pleasures your clit while teasing your nose.
Sounds like an incredible feat, right? The LELO LILY 2 is infused with luxurious scents like Bordeaux & Chocolate, Rose & Wisteria, and Lavender & Manuka Honey.
This bullet vibrator can fit in the palm of your hand and uses only two buttons for operation across 8 levels of vibration, plus it’s compact and very travel-friendly.
Best Egg Vibrator
- Small Ribbed Body Perfect For External And Internal Stimulation + Safe For Anal Use
- IPX6 Waterproofing Offers Stellar Protection From Powerful Jets During Hot Tub Use (Original Ella)
- Very Quiet And Discreet, Making It Ideal For Public Play
- 2-Hour Run Time Vs. 1-Hour Charging Time
- Luxurious Design Crafted From Body-Safe Silicone
- App-Driven Use May Be Buggy And Only Works Within Physical Range (Original Ella Only)
- Cord May Be Too Short For Deeper Penetration
Like bullets, egg vibrators are small and typically fit in the palm of your hand — but they’re often designed to be used externally and internally, including being used as an anal vibrator as long as there is a string attached.
Our favorite egg vibrator is the SVAKOM Ella, which offers incredible versatility in a petite and elegant silicone package.
Five vibration modes plus a bonus “Climax Mode” will take your pleasure to incredible heights whether you’re a fan of clitoral stimulation, G-spot loving, or anal play.
On top of all that, the Ella gives you the option of controlling it three ways (we’re sensing a theme here).
Ella offers controls on the vibrator itself, through the corded control pad, or by using its mobile app.
If you enjoy spending time in hot tubs, you’ll be excited to know that not only is this egg vibrator waterproof, but it’s designed to stand up to even powerful water jets — so you can totally take it with you into the jacuzzi.
Ella’s power cord acts as a sturdy retrieval string so it’s completely safe for vaginal and anal use.
- Honorable Mention:
Lovense Lush 3 → 4.5 out of 5
Offering up to 5 hours of pleasure, the Lovense Lush 3 is perfect for those who want to enjoy record-setting edging sessions, especially if they’re into dual stimulation of the clitoris and G-spot.
The Lush 3 features a flexible tail that holds the clitoral part of the vibrator in place. The insertable portion of this egg vibe provides G-spot stimulation when used vaginally, but it’s also safe for anal insertion, too.
This egg vibrator is wireless and controlled through an app, which is great for long-distance couples — when the tech works as it should.
App-driven vibrators are known to be buggy at times, but it’s a small price to pay for an egg vibrator with this much versatility.
Best Wearable Vibrator
- Dual Stimulation For You And Partner, Feels Awesome; Hands-Free
- 5-Hour Battery Life (On Low)
- Discreet, Travel Friendly
- Soft, Skin-Like Outside + Medical-Grade Silicone Construction
- May Slip Depending On Position
- Price Tag
In this instance, the best wearable vibe also happens to be the best vibrator for couples.
If you’re a couple having penetrative sex that utilizes a vulva, the Dame Eva II can be used hands-free on the clitoris during foreplay and/or intercourse.
Take a closer look at how Eva II works below:
Given that so many vulva owners require clitoral stimulation to reach orgasm during intercourse, the Dame Eva II fixes a vital concern.
It’s also an excellent choice for situations where one partner may feel reticent to bring a sex toy into the bedroom.
Let’s talk straight about this — some fellas are intimidated by giant dildos or anything they worry might feel better than they do.
If you are sexing up such a fella, a wearable vibrator like the Dame Eva II is unlikely to stimulate feelings of inadequacy — but it is likely to stimulate your way toward an orgasm during sex.
Edwina Caito, the sexpert we spoke with earlier is a firm believer in wearable vibrators. She said:
“[Wearables are] far better than a vibrating cock ring, as you get constant sensations instead of intermittent stimulation with each thrust. Wearables are a great tool to experience a mutual O with your partner — and to work on those lovely blended orgasms.”
- Honorable Mention:
We-Vibe Chorus → 4.5 out of 5
We can’t talk about wearables without mentioning We-Vibe, a leader in couples’ sex toys that can be used together, separately, or via remote.
The We-Vibe Chorus can be used remotely and will even sync to an Apple Watch for that Dick Tracy experience, which is why it’s our honorable mention.
What’s especially fun about the We-Vibe Chorus is the squeeze remote — which is just as cool as it sounds. The harder you squeeze it, the harder it vibrates.
For a long while, connectivity issues with We-Vibe products caused more frustration than pleasure. These days, We-Vibe is using a new “Anchor Link” technology.
I’m in no way qualified to explain how it works — but the end result is a better connection that makes everything you want to do with your wearable vibrator that much more effective.
Best Panty Vibrator
Temporarily Out Of Stock
- Syncs With Erotic Audiobooks For A Thrilling, Interactive Experience
- App-Controlled For Exciting Partner (Or Solo!) Play
- Very Quiet
- USB Rechargeable
- App Can Be Buggy
Panty vibrators come in many shapes and sizes but they’re all designed to be worn discreetly in your underwear while they tickle your naughty bits.
Few are able to do what the Vibease App-Controlled Response Panty Vibrator does, however.
Vibease is the wave of the future for those who love erotica. This little panty vibrator syncs with erotic audiobooks — giving you an absolutely thrilling, interactive experience.
As a sex scene gets more intense, the Vibease ramps up its stimulation in tandem, so you can reach orgasm with your favorite erotica characters.
Vibease offers hundreds of steamy audiobooks that will sync with this panty vibrator, but you — or your partner — can also control the device through the app.
But that’s also the one thing that can be the biggest downside. Technology isn’t perfect yet, and sometimes apps will glitch out on you in the heat of the moment.
Still, this panty vibrator is our top choice because it brings new meaning to the idea of enjoying a bedtime story.
You’re going to want to hear one every single night, and at naptime, too.
- Honorable Mention:
OhMiBod Club Vibe 3.Oh → 4.5 out of 5
If you’re looking for a vibrating panty that includes underwear, the Club Vibe 3.Oh is another favorite of ours.
Featuring a pair of lacy black panties with a pocket sewn into the crotch, this vibrator actually responds to music, sending waves of pleasure with every beat.
The Club Vibe 3.Oh will last for up to 2 hours on a full charge and it also features a wireless remote that operates from up to 20’ away so your partner can control it from a short distance.
This vibrator is a true party in your pants.
Best Finger Vibrator
[Note: Get the Adam & Eve Rechargeable Finger Vibe for only $22.46. Use code "WHI25" and get 25% off from Adam & Eve — a specially negotiated discount we secured after independent review.]
- Tons Of Vibe Settings To Tickle Every Fancy
- Versatile Pointed Tip For Internal Or External Stimulation
- Extra Strong Vibrations In A Small Package
- Can Be Submerged For Fun In The Tub
- Only 50 Minutes Of Use Time On A 3-Hour Charge
- Some Users Find This Vibe To Be Too Strong For Their Clits
- Not Everyone Will Enjoy The Texture Of The “Massaging Nubs”
Perfect for putting pleasure at your fingertips — literally — finger vibrators are small but mighty vibrating sex toys that can add a brand new dimension to digital play.
Our favorite is the Adam & Eve Rechargeable Finger Vibrator, which offers 10 vibration settings in a small package.
Featuring a curved and pointed tip for expert-level clitoral stimulation, this vibe can also be inserted vaginally if G-spot stimulation is your jam.
This waterproof finger vibrator is completely submersible so you can take it with you into the tub or shower.
The outer silicone sleeve features “massaging nubs” for clitoral play for those who enjoy additional versatility through texture.
Speaking of being versatile, the mini bullet vibrator can be removed from the finger sleeve entirely to be used any way you like.
The only downside to this vibe is that it starts off on its highest vibration setting and some folks have found it to be a little too powerful.
Billing, packaging, and shipping are completely discreet through Adam & Eve, plus you can enjoy a *25% discount using code WHI25 during checkout. Don’t forget to select your free gifts from Adam & Eve during checkout, too!
- Honorable Mention:
GLUVR Finger Vibrator → 4.5 out of 5
At first glance, this is probably the least-sexy vibrator on our list of top picks, but hear me out.
The GLUVR slips over your thumb and forefinger which gives you two points of vibration – making it one of the most versatile finger vibrators available.
Although it can certainly be used for dual stimulation of the clitoris and G-spot, it can also add an assist during a sensual massage or hand jobs.
Offering six unique functions, this waterproof glove keeps pleasure right at your fingertips.
Best Vibrators For Vaginal Stimulation
Penetration. It’s pretty nice, right?
Depending on what kind of vaginal stimulation you’re into, a more versatile vibrator is generally better than a one-thing-wonder.
Vaginal vibrators can thrust, vibrate, or wiggle, and those things can happen in tandem with double or even triple penetration if that’s what you’re looking for.
With so many options, how do you know which type of vibrator to choose?
For many users, myself included, experimentation is a key element in figuring out what works.
I only wish that the vibe selection had been anywhere near as good as it is now when I was figuring things out.
Best G-Spot Vibrator
- Super-Duper Flexible: Can Be Used For Deep Insertion, Double Penetration, Clit Stimulation, Or G-Spot Play
- Excellent For Any Couple Type
- Quiet (Though You May Not Be!)
- Body-Safe Silicone + Waterproof
- The Entire Unit Vibrates, So There’s No Non-Vibraty Place To Touch
- A Bit Less Strong Than Expected
- At only 1.4” Wide, It’s A Touch On The Narrow Side
Before we talk about G-spot vibes, let’s get one finicky issue out of the way: the G-spot exists.
If you have a vulva, a vagina, and a clitoris, you also have a G-spot. That said, not everyone gains the same level of pleasure from G-spot stimulation, and that’s totally cool.
Sensations can often come down to anatomy, which is the same reason some women can have orgasms with penetrative missionary intercourse while others cannot.
It’s not a matter of good or bad, just physical differences and learning what works for your unique body.
That said, the Mystery Vibe Crescendo belongs in the nightstand drawer of anyone who is a fan of internal penetration. The Crescendo is a versatile, adjustable, and titillating massager that can do it all.
With six motors, a waterproof design, and a bendable exterior that is limited only by your imagination — this G-spot vibe is an excellent product that’s well worth the investment.
Take a closer look at the wonders of the Crescendo below:
It’s also a great choice for beginners since the vibe strength doesn’t quite reach the overwhelming levels of other G-spotters.
- Honorable Mention:
Hot Octopuss Kurve → 4.7 out of 5
If you’re not looking for versatility and really just want the best G-spot vibrator around — the Hot Octopuss Kurve is like nothing else you’ve experienced, honestly!
At first glance, the Kurve looks like any other curved G-spotter — but nicer.
The construction and materials give it a fancy look which is complemented by the cute, festive packaging it comes in. But the bass and treble technology it incorporates is truly unique among vibes.
To appreciate the uniqueness of the Hot Octopuss Kurve, one first has to understand the spinning motor vibrations versus deeper, rumbly vibes that occur in modern, high-end sex toys.
I talk about this at length in my review of the Kurve, but it might just be something you have to experience firsthand.
Combining deep vibrations and light surface vibes provides a sensation no other vibrator — let alone any other G-spotter — can achieve.
→ For more, read: It’s All About Dat Bass (And Treble) With The Hot Octopuss Kurve
Best Vibrators For Dual Stimulation
If you’re looking for the very best vibrators that can tease your clit while they thump against your G-spot, you’re in luck — we’ve got the goods right here.
To help you in your search for dual stimulation vibrators, our list contains our TOP pick and an honorable mention for each — and it’s totally okay if you decide you need both.
We are talking about dual stimulation here, folks.
Best Rabbit Vibrator
- Sonographic Design With 12 Pleasure Settings
- 27° Angle Rabbit Attachment For Better Fit/Body Adaptation
- USB Rechargeable With 4 Hours Of Non-Stop Playtime
- 100% Waterproof For Extended Bath Or Shower Sessions
- ABS Plastic & Body-Safe Silicone
- Huge Pain In The Ass To Clean (Liquid Can Get Stuck/Stored In Between The Metal And Silicone)
Finding the ideal dual stimulator can be your ticket to so-called blended orgasms that encompass clitoral, vaginal, and G-spot stimuli and basically feel like a full-body O.
Rabbit vibrators have been around almost as long as the Hitachi wands, and are nearly as popular.
The first one debuted in 1984 and was an immediate sensation — though it became even more popular after appearing on “Sex In The City.”
The original Rabbit Pearl had a rotating middle section that vulva owners are still talking about today.
A rabbit vibrator can have a straight shaft or one that may be curved. Traditionally, there are one or more protrusions for clitoral (and sometimes anal) stimulation.
On an original rabbit, the ears are meant to go on either side of the clitoris during use for a sensation that really cannot be produced any other way.
Our pick for best modern rabbit vibrator is the LELO SORAYA 2. We love the waterproof materials, the silicone outside, and the amazing battery life — and you will, too.
This is the second vibrator on our list of recommendations that provides a whopping four-hour playtime after a full charge. It also comes with a USB charger for maximum portability.
Many vibrators promise quiet operation for privacy and discretion but the LELO SORAYA 2 is one of the few that’s actually as silent as promised.
If you’ve ever accidentally woken up a partner, roommate, or neighbor with the loudness of your sex toy, you already know that discretion can be critical.
There is one caveat with the LELO SORAYA 2, however, and it’s a big one.
The design combines two materials — leaving a small space between the silicone and metal pieces. This can trap moisture, bacteria, and even lube.
Cleaning must be immediate and thorough — like with a scrubby brush — to make sure it’s cleaned well. We also recommend sanitizing this toy after each use.
Still, the SORAYA 2 is a waterproof, highly portable, ergonomic dual stimulator that provides a long run time and awesome sensations. If you’re ready to make that investment, you can’t go wrong here.
- Honorable Mention:
LELO INA Wave → 4.5 out of 5
Our honorable mention in the rabbit category goes to another LELO product, the INA Wave.
Featuring 4.73” of insertable length, INA’s shaft is great for those who enjoy deeper vaginal penetration and it moves in a way that mimics the classic “come hither” motion for targeted G-spot stimulation.
They don’t call it the “Wave” for nothing.
The external arm provides flexible clitoral stimulation that can be positioned right where you need it and want it most.
This waterproof rabbit is easy to use and will last up to 2 hours on a full charge.
Best Butterfly Vibrator
[Note: Get the Evolved Butterfly Effect Rechargeable G-Spot Massager for only $101.21. Use code "WHI25" and get 25% off from Adam & Eve — a specially negotiated discount we secured after independent review.]
- Dual Vibrating Thrills For Clit And Shaft Action
- Remote Control Works Up To 20 Feet Away For Public Fun
- Varied Pulsation And Escalation Patterns For Every Pleasure Seeker
- Crafted From Creamy Soft Body-Safe Silicone
- USB Rechargeable & Runs for Up To 90 Minutes On A Full Charge
- Can Slip Out Easily If Not Positioned Correctly
- Some Users Find The Vibrations Are Not Strong Enough
- May Be Too Loud For Public Play In Quieter Settings
- 2-Hour Charging Time
Butterfly vibrators come in a variety of designs, even though the first ones focused on clitoral stimulation alone.
We get to reap the benefits of technological advancement, folks, because without it, we wouldn’t have the Evolved Butterfly Effect Rechargeable G-Spot Massager.
This butterfly vibrator uses dual motors to thrill your clit and G-spot at the same time, spreading its wings across your vulva for a truly all-encompassing orgasm.
The Evolved Butterfly Effect is so great, the company guarantees your sexual satisfaction or you can return it for free.
The butterfly’s “antennae” work similarly to the way the ears on a traditional rabbit vibrator do — sliding along either side of your clitoris to deliver its vibrations.
The insertable shaft is 4 ½ inches long so it can reach your G-spot with ease.
Dual motors operate the clitoral stimulator and the shaft, but they can be operated independently of one another for a truly customized experience.
Waterproof and remote-controlled, this butterfly will flit against your clit and G-spot for up to 90 minutes on a full charge.
- Honorable Mention:
CalExotics Venus Butterfly Remote Rocker → 4.3 out of 5
The Venus Butterfly Silicone Remote Rocking Penis will rock with you all night long.
The shaft of this little butterfly actually rocks in a “come hither” motion to provide sensational G-spot stimulation as it flutters against your clitoris for up to 45 minutes on a full charge.
Featuring a remote range of up to 32.5 feet, this vibrator features a wireless remote control that can be used discreetly wherever the mood strikes. Completely waterproof, the Venus Butterfly Rocker is the ideal bathtime playmate!
Ready to splurge on a vibrator? Go for it — you deserve it!
Fulfilling orgasms promote restful sleep, which is a cornerstone of good health. Without restful sleep, our focus and concentration, mood, and even our immune system can suffer.
It is not hyperbole to say that a quality sex toy isn’t just an investment in orgasms — it’s an investment in your health, one that’s every bit as important as hydration or nutrition.
Luckily, there’s never been a better time to take a long hard look at contemporary sex toys and how they can enhance your pursuit of pleasure.